Saturday, March 16, 2013

Sunday Worship

I know, I know I really behind on blog posts, but I promise I'm almost caught up.  Last Sunday we made our weekly trip to Northwood Church.  It's our time to sit together and worship in song, prayer, and thought.  We have a great pastor who is so eloquent with his words.  He is currently doing a series on "Crosswords"--words that the cross represents.  This last week was "Suffering".  Another way that God is saying "Hey, Nicole, I'm here.  I'm alive, and I'm listening.  I knew this would be an impactful message for me right from the start of the worship songs. 

The worship team is lead by Travis (shout out to Travis, he introduced us to the church) and a group of incredibly talented musicians, including his wife, Sarah, who has been recently playing the cello.  This was a new song they were introducing to the congregation called "Wake Up". 

We have seen the pain
that shaped our hearts
And in our shame
We're still breathing, 'cause

We have seen the hope
of your healing
Rising from our souls
is the feeling
We are drawing close
Your light is shining through
Your light is shining through

Wake up, wake up, wake up
wake up all you sleepers
Stand up, stand up
Stand up all you dreamers
Hands up, hands up
Hands up all believers
Take up your cross, carry it on

all that you reveal
with light in us
will come to life
and start breathing, 'cause

here we stand our hearts are yours,
Lord not our will but yours be done
 
The last line that I bolded was so impactful.  The haunting tune and lyrics culminating with a reminder that WE are not in control.  This is one of my favorite lines of the Lord's Prayer, as well.  I know the Lord will talk me through this and at times he may even need to carry me through this.  I can see the Lord working in so many aspects my life right now.  Like I've said before, I believe in the power of prayer and if you can bring us into your prayer it would be appreciated.  
 
As the sermon went on Pastor Brian found some very inspirational verses for the congregation to hear.  There was a verse I wrote down and one quote (Brian, you know this quote :) ).  
 
These trials will show that you faith is genuine.  
It is being tested as first tests and purifies gold--
through your faith is far more precious than mere gold.  
So when your faith remains strong through many trials,
it will bring you much praise and glory and honor on the day
when Jesus Christ is revealed to the whole world.  
1 Peter 1:7
 
When you are going through hell, just keep moving. 
Winston Churchill
 
(image: Google images)
 
Both are so telling of the suffering I am going through.  This the path that has been set before me and I must keep moving.  Or in the words of Dori from Disney's Finding Nemo--Just keep swimming!
 
 
(image: Google images)
 
We left church that day to shake Brian's hand as usual.  He made a point he was happy to see us and that he was preaching for me today.  Trust me Pastor, your words were heard.  I know that God used you to speak to me on that Sunday morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment