Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Imagine Dragons--A Night to Forget

Sam and I bought tickets to the Imagine Dragons show a long time ago.  We lucked out on mezzanine level reserved seats at the Varsity Theater near the U.  Needless to say, this was the exact thing I needed the doctor ordered.   We needed a date night to say the least.  Something to blow off some steam and spend some time together. 

Auntie Jayme and Uncle Ted came to watch Camden.  Jayme was excited to take him to Space Aliens for dinner.  Don't judge.  It's kid friendly with great food and really good drink specials.  Camden loves to look at the outer space ceiling and see the Alien mascot visit from his UFO.  Well, Camden his the jackpot! 

Photo: My nephew wins 600 tickets just won 600 tickets by pushing buttons.lol
 
600 tickets!!!  Just by being a toddler and pushing buttons.  He got to take home a nice green stuffed alligator. 
 
Sam and I started out at our night at Stub and Herbs.  Hands down the best burgers and beer selection we have come across.  Thank you to my co-workers Katie and Sarah for showing us this place before the Gopher hockey game.  The burgers come on this delicious pretzel roll and the craft beer selection is amazing.  I indulged in the spicy peanut burger and Sam had the inferno burger.  Clearly, we like spicy food in our house. 
 
The show was opened by Nico Vega- indy rock with heavy beats is what Sam and I came up with, but I liked her a lot.  She had great presence and an amazing voice.  Then up next was Atlas Genius out of Australia.  I love their song "Trojans". 
 

 
 
And then . . . the main event!  Imagine Dragons- they are so awesome.  Their music is . . . crap, I don't know how to describe it, but I recommend "Radioactive", "Bleeding Out", and honestly the rest of their album because it's that good.  We sat by a family whose brother taught the lead singer in high school and a couple of girls who ended up with back stage passes from meeting the key boardist in a coffee shop before the show. 
 
 
 
This was the first night since January 22nd that I felt normal.  I forgot about cancer, scans, tests, results, studies and hospitals.  I got to spend the night with my amazing husband, sing to great music, and get lost in the show.  I loved it.  I loved it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment