Thursday, March 7, 2013

I Signed Up For a 5K

Don't tell my boss.  Seriously.  He would think I've officially lost my mind.  He's a busy surgeon that manages to find time to do triathalons for insanity fun.  We work in care teams: the doctor, the PA, and me the care coordinator.  We have come up with an agreement that since our doc works out so much, he does enough to cover the PA and me.  I think this is a great agreement. 

Well, I signed up for a 5K.  Yes, I'm going to walk it, but I still signed up.  Actually . . . Sam and Camden are signed up, too.  As well as a team of folks and we'd love your support or company. 

We will be spending Mother's Day 2013 supporting breast cancer awareness and research while walking in the Race for the Cure. 

(image: Susan G. Komen)
 
There is absolutely no obligation because I know so many of you have given your financial support to us already, and for that I am so grateful.  However, if you wish to support "the cause" please follow the link and make your donation. 
 
 
If you would like to join us on Mother's Day here in Minneapolis you can sign up at the link below.  Team Nicole with organizer Melissa C. 
 
 
I think what I'm most excited about, aside for spending the day as a family, is wearing a breast cancer survivor shirt and taking my picture in the Mall of America rotunda with all of the other survivors.  No, I'm not a survivor yet, but I'm a fighter.  I probably won't have hair on my head, but I will wear it with pride that day.  Because my fight will help others fight and this race will aid in finding more research and more opportunity to find a cure for this devil. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment