Friday, February 15, 2013

Today's the Day

Today is the the day.   Sam and I had a great day yesterday.  We started the day off as a family.  We went for family pictures; I can't wait to see the images.  Camden then spent the evening with my parents as Sam and I went for dinner and a movie. 

I woke up this morning actually well rested.  I slept about 6 full hours.  Surprising because like most, I don't typically sleep while I'm stressed.  I woke up with a song in my head.  It happens to be a hymn I grew up with, "It is well in my soul."  I think this is God's way of telling me I'm going to be ok. 

I go in about 10:15 so we have only a few hours to get things ready and wrap up a few things around the house.  Of course we will keep you all posted after my surgery.  It's going to be one of the hardest days, but I feel well within my soul. 

2 comments:

  1. Your posts are completely making me cry at my work desk. Nothing but good thoughts and prayers for you. You've made the absolute right decision and I have no doubt that it will all be well. Good luck! - Mandie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always liked that hymn, and then I found out that the author of the lyrics wrote them just hours after his wife and daughters drowned when the ship they were on (to be reunited with him) sank. Despite unbearable pain and heartache he was STILL able to praise God. I just love that.

    ReplyDelete