Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Sitting In A Chair

That's what I have been doing for a week.  There really isn't too much exciting to report.  I spend most days cruising through Netflix, checking Facebook, and napping.  I have a 5 pound lifting restriction so really anything that would make me not so useless is out.  I can't lift Camden, I can't pour from the milk jug, I can't lift the diaper bag, I can't lift a pot to cook. 

We have an AMAZING church family.  We attend a little church on the grow in Maple Grove.  We have been attending since I found out I was pregnant with Camden.  Northwood Church has been truly a God send for us.  After we had Camden our neighbor, who also attended the church, set up meals within the meals ministry.  When our children's pastor found out about my diagnoses she set us up with the meals again.  Home cooked, freezer ready or heating ready, extremely tasty meals delivered to our door every other day.  I can't even begin to tell you how much help this has been. 

The first meal was at our house when I got home from the hospital.  Delivered by the ever colorful Muriel.  For those reading who know Muriel will know exactly what I'm talking about.  I learned recently Muriel is the eldest of 8 children and boy does she love the kitchen!!!  It is truly her gift to supply some excellent meals to . . .  well everyone.  I don't know what it is about these Northwooders, but they must love their baked goods as well.  We have so many sweets! My mom and Sam are in heaven. 

I'm getting behind on thank you notes for everyone.  From the many bouquets of flowers we have received, to the amazing care package of European chocolate from friends in Germany, to the magazines, and blankets.  I will get around to it, but thank you.  Thank you for all that are praying, all that are helping, all that are calling and texting, and even to all of you reading.  We will win this fight together.  When I am named a survivor I want you all to rejoice with me, because you have helped me fight this battle day by day.
(image: Google images)

No comments:

Post a Comment