Thursday, February 14, 2013

My Sea of Pink

I believe when you need to hear God, He will speak.  I believe  when you need support, God will provide.  Well, God provided and He spoke to me on Wednesday giving me peace and hope in my soul. 

Wednesday was my lat day of work.  I really didn't have a lot to do, just finish up a few things to hand it over to my coverage (who by the way is amazing!).  I walked into work about 10 to 8 like every other day.  I wasn't expecting anything out of hte normal, maybe a few extra tears and hugs, but nothing else. 

My lead is alway there at 7:30 so of course she was hard at work already.  We have the option of wearing our uniform scrubs or wearing business casual when we are in the office.  Well, my lead ALWAYS wears her blue scrubs.  Always.  She was wearing this great new pink top with some nice black dress pants.  She looked great!  So of course I mentioned it,

"Dawn, look at you!  You look amazing!  Do you have somewhere to be after work?"

"No."

Ok, now I was really confused.  "Well, why are you in normal clothes?"

"I had to wear pink."

"Well, why did you have to wear pink?"  I really had no clue, maybe for her daughter or shoot, who knows. 

"For you!  Look around, everyone is wearing pink for you today!"

My heart was so happy I burst into the Ugly Cry again. I looked out as my cube neighbor Jenny popped out in a bright pink shirt, Judy from the front desk was wearing pink.  Literally as everyone showed up, they were all wearing pink.  My army was there to fight for me.  

My friend and co-worker Katie popped around the corner with a huge smile on her face and said "You have to open your gifts!"  My cube was full of a large pink bag and a few cards.  I didn't even know where to start.  I wasn't expecting any of this.  I started with the big pink bag.  From Katie with such an inspirational, heart-felt card.  Inside was a comfy throw, chapstick, lots of trashy magazines, a beautiful bracelet, and her awesome sea salt fudge brownies.  The perfect post surgical kit of relaxation.  I cried again.  

She then pointed me to a yellow envelope.  "That one is from TCO."  I thought, oh maybe a card everyone signed, or maybe a small gift card.  I opened it, read the nice message and saw 2 gift cards.  One for Target, one from Visa.  I said thank you to Katie and left it at that because my mom taught me it's rude to look for the $$ first.  Katie told me to look.  Cue tears  the water fall.  Holy crap.  My coworkers generously donated a total of over $1000 to me to help with groceries and gas.  I was beyond . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . speechless. 

I literally had no idea what to say, other than thank you through my tears.  Katie explained how it was hard to pull everything off because I'm so nosey.  She had organized the whole thing with a little help from others.  I was feeling so blessed, so uplifted, and so supported. 

So in short, thank you coworkers.  You have truly amazed me withi your generosity and prayer.  The day went on with lots of tears and little work, but I left with a little less fear and a little more hope.  

So here is my SEA OF PINK

photo.JPG  photo.JPG photo.JPG
photo.JPG photo.JPG photo.JPG
photo.JPG photo.JPG photo.JPG
DSC05537.JPG DSC05538.JPG DSC05540.JPG
photo.JPG photo.JPG
 
When I got home  from work, my parents had made it safely.  Our pastor from our church wass coming over to pray with us, something I had been looking forward to all week.  He came with his wife and got right to business.  He read to us Psalm 121. 
 
1 I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
where does my help come from?
2 My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.



3 He will not let your foot slip—
he who watches over you will not slumber;
4 indeed, he who watches over Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.
5 The Lord watches over you—
the Lord is your shade at your right hand;
6 the sun will not harm you by day,
nor the moon by night.
7 The Lord will keep you from all harm
he will watch over your life;
8 the Lord will watch over your coming and going
both now and forevermore.
 
 
The Lord is watching over me.  This is stated 4 times in different words.  One thing I learned when Jason died, told to me by the pastor who married us, was God has really big shoulders.  You can be so angry with him, but He will still pick you up and carry you through the hard times.  When you finally turn around and say I love you to Him and thank you, He will gently nod and say I love you too. 
 
I know the Lord is with me, the Lord will carry me.  I believe strongly in the power of prayer and strength in numbers.  The one thing that was shown to me on Wednesday was my army of prayer warriors is far larger than I can imagine.
 
Thank you . . . each of you.


No comments:

Post a Comment