Thursday, February 7, 2013

My Breast Cancer Angel

I've been a part of an online community of women since Sam and I got engaged.  Most recently I participated on a board for women who were trying to get pregnant or recently had babies.  Through this group of my nestie bestie I met Jess.  I knew she had had breast cancer at age 23.  The day I was diagnosed she quick texted another friend who  had my number to get in contact with me. 

She has been through this journey and lives to tell her story on the other side.  She has helped my interpret pathology reports, surgical options, the insane and sane feelings.  She has reminded to me cry and be mad, be happy and blessed, and look for the future.  I don't know if she really understands how truly amazing she has been for me. 

Jess was diagnosed at age 23 and chose a bilateral mastectomy with reconstruction.  She is pregnant with her first child and is due in March.  She is my angel . 

For those who are praying, please add Jess to your prayers.  Pray that she has patience with her new baby boy, pray that the cancer does not return, and pray that she can make choices about her health to be on this Earth for as long as she can. 

I'm short on words because I can't express to you what she means to me and my journey.  If she wasn't 36 weeks pregnant I think she would be on my doorstep with a suitcase ready to move in and help.  Thank you Jess, you are a God send for me.

1 comment:

  1. So much love for you dear. You have helped me more then you know as well. I hope I can continue to be here for you and we can grow an amazing friendship despite the awful thing we have in common.

    ReplyDelete