Saturday, February 23, 2013

Outraged

I know I'm behind and need to finish up what has happend this last week, but this morning I was checking out Facebook and I noticed a post from The Dave Ryan in the Morning Show.  Apparently due to Facebook's policy on keeping clean photos and non-nude photos on their site they chose to remove the following photo.


This is a women who posted a photo of her chest.  Yes, techinically her bare chest, but it is an elborate tattoo over her bilateral mastectomy.  I am purely outraged at Facebook.  How dare they?  There is no cleavage, no nipple, no butt crack, no vagina, no penis.  What about this is offensive?  I left a comment on The Dave Ryan Show's page:

As someone who just had a double mastectomy 8 days ago, I find Facebook to be in the wrong. Without seeing this women's face you can tell by her body she is fairly young. I am 28. To make a decision to remove your breasts for the sake of saving your life is the hardest decision I have ever had to face. She may have removed her breasts so one day she will be alive for a spouse and children. This is a shield of armour. This is strength. This is beauty. Tell me where are you seeing nudity and where do you find this offensive?

I'm sure my little blog to keep people posted doesn't go far, but if I can bring awareness so more women do not have to live the last 3 weeks that I have had to live, I will do it.  So Facebook, maybe check through these photos you "own" and pluck out the truely offensive ones.

1 comment:

  1. Scar project photos and other bc pages are constantly shut down for going against the tos. But yet pages like big booty hos can stay up.

    ReplyDelete