Friday, July 12, 2013

Time in Prayer

Friday is my chemo day, my day of cancer.  A lot of times I spend my 40 mile drive to the oncology clinic in prayer with God.  In the car is really the only alone time I ever get, so I figure it's as good as any to spend time with God.  Today I felt really compared to not only thank God for the blessings he has given me, but to pray for those who live this cancer nightmare every day. 

Today I prayed first for my dear friend Lisa and her mother.  Lisa's mom was diagnosed not long after me with Stage IV pancreatic cancer.  She unfortunately lost her battle last month.  I know that I have never met Momma C, but if she's anything like Lisa I know that she fought hard and didn't give up.  She is with our Lord and resting peacefully now.  I know she is looking down upon Lisa and her siblings and Lisa's daughter Ev.

I prayed for Allison.  Allison is the niece of an old friend from my hometown.  She was recently diagnosed at age 9 (I think :) ) with Stage IV kidney cancer, specifically a Wilms tumor.  She just started chemo and shaved her head in the last month.  I can't imagine doing this at age 9.  I prayed for Allison's strength and determination.  I prayed that she will still get to be a child through all of this and I mostly prayed that chemo will beat this tumor and soon she will be cancer free. 

I prayed for Sally.  I got to see Sally at chemo today.  I'm a few treatments ahead of her and she just started her Taxol.  I prayed that with Taxol she will have as easy of a time as I did.  I praised the Lord for Sally's faith and all who are praying for her, bringing her meals, cleaning her home and helping with her boys. I love Sally with all my heart and I'm so thankful God put us in each other's paths.

I prayed for all of those going through treatment, those who are diagnosed today, and those who are getting good news or bad news today.  Typically prayer brings me to tears.  I am so thankful the Lord is using me to do good.  Yes, cancer sucks, but it's because of all of you--these people ready my blog or being there when I cry--that I will beat this.  That I will show the world that I can't be brought down. 

I will never call cancer a blessing, but man God is showing me amazing things.  Moving me through His works and His word.  I am just a simple vessel showing the world that God does exist and He is amazing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment