Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Have you Ever ...

Have you even contemplated your own death?  Like really sat down and thought about how it would happen and how it would feel and how people around you would respond?  Not in the sense of signing an advanced directive for a hypothetical what if in this world, but really raw and true fear of wasting away before your loved ones in something completely out of your control?


I have.  I do.  Every.  Single.  Day. 


Today, January 22, 2020 marks the 7th anniversary of hearing the words "you have breast cancer."  Every day since, I have contemplated my death.  I think about often what choices I would have to make.  What choices I have already made, but haven't shared with anyone.  I think about what medications I would request to make myself more comfortable.  Something written in the event I couldn't speak anymore.  I think about what I would tell Sam and Camden and how I would prepare them for life without me.  I think about being the patient and not the nurse.  I think about all of the people I have cared for turning around to care for me. 


In 7 years I have thought a lot about getting this far out from cancer diagnosis.  About what exactly this means to me and to my family and to my friends and to my coworkers.  One of the biggest questions people ask when finding out you are a youthful cancer survivor is, "but you're good now, right?"  In a way to make the question asker feel better I always answer, "yep, cancer free." 


Now I want you to think about this.  To really try and put yourself in my shoes.  Does someone who is cancer free think about their death every day?  Does someone who is cancer free question every twinge in their body?  Does someone who is cancer free truly believe they will leave behind their family before they all are ready?  Probably not. 


As any 7 year itch gives you a little motivation for change, I dug out the 'ol blog I documented my deepest and rawest feelings.  I am hear posting again to tell you all I am here.  I am living.  The reason I haven't posted an entry since chemo is because I have been trying to be as normal as possible.  I have relished in the sunshine on tropical vacations.  I have poured my heart in the my career where I truly feel like I am making a difference.  I have found new friends and new hobbies.  We have a new dog.  Camden is big and strong and amazing.  We are living. 


I am living through every day where death crosses my mind, but I am overcoming it.  As I read back on my past entries I come to tears in recognition that that was ME.  I wrote that.  I went through that.  I can't believe how much life has changed and how much I didn't let cancer win. 


I will never not think about what cancer could bring, but I will not let it over take my life.  Thank you to my amazing rock, Sam.  Thank you to Camden to remind me that I have to keep going.  Cheers to 7 years to all of the people who have prayed, who have supported us, and who live with me day by day.  You all know who you are.  I praise God every day for all of you.  For without you, I wouldn't be here today. 

1 comment:

  1. Most prostate cancers are adenocarcinomas, cancers that arise in glandular cells of the prostate’s epithelial tissue. Prostate cancers usually progress slowly and produce no symptoms in the initial stages. Eventually, the tumor may enlarge like mine too, the prostate gland, pressing on the urethra and causing painful or frequent urination and blood in the urine. So I was so uncomfortable with this prostate cancer diseases then I decided to do online search on how to cure cancer because I well have read a lot about herbal medicine, I came across a lot of testimony how Dr Itua cure HIV/herpes then Cancer was listed below the comment.with courage I contacted Dr Itua and he sent me his herbal medicine through Courier service then I was asked to pick it up at my post office which i quickly did. I contacted Dr Itua that I have received my herbal medicine so he instructed me on how to drink it for three weeks and that is how Dr Itua Herbal Medicine cures my prostate Cancer, The treatment takes three weeks and I was cured completely. Dr Itua is a god sent and I thank him every day of my life. Contact him now On:    Email:drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/   Whatsapp:+2348149277967.
    He listed that he can as well cure the following diseases below.... Cerebral Amides. Lung Cancer,Brain cancer,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Gestational trophoblastic disease,Head and neck cancer,Hodgkin lymphoma Intestinal cancer,Kidney cancer,Leukemia,Liver cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Neuroendocrine tumors,Hodgkin lymphoma,Oral cancer,Ovarian cancer,Sinus cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Meniere's disease , Testicular cancer,Throat cancer,Thyroid Cancer,Uterine cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer. Alzheimer's disease,Autism,measles, tetanus, whooping cough, tuberculosis, polio and diphtheria Adrenocortical carcinoma. Alma, Uterine Cancer, Breast Cancer, Allergic diseases. Kidney cancer, Love Spell, Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Generalized dermatitis,Alzheimer's disease,Brain Tumor,Lupus,Endometrial Cancer, cerebrovascular diseases  
    Dementia.Colo rectal cancer, Lottery Spell, Bladder Cancer, Skin Cancer,Ovarian Cancer,Pancreatic Cancer, HIV /Aids,Brain Tumor, Herpes, Non-Hodgkin lymphoma, Inflammatory bowel disease, Copd, Diabetes, Hepatitis  

    ReplyDelete