Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Back to Work

After feeling well for a week after my 3rd chemo, I had tossed around the idea of going back to work soon.  It was about time and day time TV was no longer satisfying.  I got a call from work asking if I would like to consider coming back part time to help out another co worker in my position as she trains for another aspect of our job. 

Well, there is no better time than the present. 

I went back to work about a week ago, just doing light duty and staying as long as I could keep my eyes open.  It's been a real challenge trying to multi-task and focus.  I've found that certain things don't come to memory as easily has they did before and it requires a lot more thinking to just do normal tasks.  Darn chemo brain. 

The first day went just fine, other than I got really tired and had to go home for a nap.  But, I have toughed it out and I'm learning lots.  Our clinics have recently transitioned to electronic records, so the job I left is not the same job I am coming back to. 

The days are long, but all in all, I'm really glad to be back to a little bit of normal for my life. 

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! Sometimes getting back into the swing of things is really helpful. I can only imagine what all of this has been like. I've been on the family side of it and had a scare myself, but wow, you are amazing!! Sam too!! Take care!

    ReplyDelete